The tech team at viagogo is focused on building a platform that will revolutionise the way fans across the globe buy and
sell tickets for live events. With buyers and sellers using our website and mobile applications in almost every country
and language and with hundreds of delivery and payment options, we're constantly taking on tough, exciting engineering
challenges - and we're doing it at scale! We are looking for passionate, skilled Software Engineers who want to make
meaningful, measurable improvements that impact millions of users.
How We Work
We work in a start-up like manner and we work in small scrum teams of 4-7. Every team member is encouraged to take full ownership
of their part of the platform but also to contribute ideas, suggestions and code to other areas of the business. We believe
that features have no value until they are in production adding value to our customers so teams deploy fast and often.
The tech team is building something that has never been built before so we're always trying to think outside the box.
We hold monthly hackathons where team members inside and outside of tech bring their most creative ideas for the product;
some of which even make it to production the same night!
Here are some of the cool things we've built:
- We built a notification platform (comprised of RabbitMQ, C# Services, SQL Enterprise) which handles thousands of concurrent changes every minute. This reduced the latency for sale notifications from hours to seconds. We built a scalable delivery pipeline that delivers notifications in real-time to website users (via SignalR) and iOS and Android users (via Microsoft Azure Notification Hub).
- We built a world class, hypermedia driven, RESTful API with outstanding documentation and several open source SDKs written in .NET, Ruby, Python and PHP
- Studying toward a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or a recent graduate
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages and technologies as needed
- Ability to work independently in small teams
- Working proficiency and communication skills in English
viagogo is a global online platform for live sport, music and entertainment tickets. viagogo aims to provide ticket buyers
with the widest possible choice of tickets to events across the world, and helps ticket sellers ranging from individuals
with a spare ticket to large multi-national event organizers reach a global audience.
viagogo has partnered with many of the world’s leading brands in sport and entertainment, and has helped customers from almost
every country in the world access tickets to their favorite events in the language, currency and on the device of their
For any customer enquiries, please visit the help section of the viagogo website.