New York, NY
viagogo – the world’s largest ticket market place is looking for a talented infrastructure, IT or security engineer to join a high-tech business in an in-house, dynamic and fast growing start-up environment as a mid-level Infrastructure Engineer.
viagogo’s IT team are responsible for supporting the systems which keep our business running. With tickets being bought & sold around the clock in almost every country the size and scope of our business is continually expanding, and we’re able to do that successfully because of the hard work our IT engineers perform to keep the platform & systems we build on running.
We’re looking to add another exceptional member to our team, who will join us to help fight any fires (reactive), but constantly be searching for ways to prevent those problems from happening again (proactive).
You’ll be working to support not only business users with a wide skill range, but also a large technical team of developers who have exacting requirements for performance, correctness, and a pragmatic and no-nonsense approach to getting stuff done.
If this sounds like the kind of role that might interest you, read on for some more details and apply below.
Working as part of the IT & Facilities team you’ll be responsible for everything from keeping the lights on (in the most literal sense if required!) to conducting projects that impact the entire enterprise:
- Resolve service requests using the ticketing system
- Cloud migrations (O365, Azure AD)
- Upgrades to core networking (Inter-site connectivity, MPLS/VPN config
- Self-service compute on demand (Hyper-V cluster management, machine automation)
- Deploying software and upgrades (Win10 upgrades, group policy management)
- The best candidates will also get the chance to work with our production infrastructure, which supports a website used by hundreds of thousands of people every day.
- You’ll be working in a small team of fellow professionals supporting a rapidly growing business that still feels like a start-up.
- Support and exceptional service are definitely a part of this role, and you’ll need to be an excellent communicator, with a strong command of written & spoken English.
In order to succeed at this role you need to be:
- Technically curious - learning & understanding are your bywords
- Humble & scrappy - you like to get things done
- Passionate & driven – with a strong interest in IT and Technology
- Security – some knowledge or ability to understand IT security
- We are looking for engineers with a wide range of experiences and skills, so whether you're a graduate or have several years' experience, we will still have a position for you
A strong technical background is required, though you don’t need to be proficient in all the core technologies (AD, Networking, Exchange, Windows Server) as you’re smart and can figure them out with the help of the team around you (and Google).
viagogo is a global online platform for live sport, music and entertainment tickets. viagogo aims to provide ticket buyers
with the widest possible choice of tickets to events across the world, and helps ticket sellers ranging from individuals
with a spare ticket to large multi-national event organizers reach a global audience.
viagogo has partnered with many of the world’s leading brands in sport and entertainment, and has helped customers from almost
every country in the world access tickets to their favorite events in the language, currency and on the device of their
For media enquiries please contact the viagogo press office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR PRESS ENQUIRIES ONLY.
For any customer enquiries, please visit the help section of the viagogo website.