Graduate Database Engineer
Do you love using data?
Enjoy solving problems and seeing the impact of your work? Then you’re our kind of person! We need someone to own our datasets; bridging the gap between data and developer.
By joining us you’ll be joining one of the fastest growing and exciting technology companies around. You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the best developers and analysts driven to succeed in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. At viagogo we use the latest technology to maintain and utilise our ever-growing data. These technologies include, among others, .NET Core, C#, SQL Server 2016, R and Python but previous experience with these is by no means essential.
As a Data Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on projects that typically fall under the roles of both database engineer and full-stack engineer and will own both the data and the processes by which our apps and services consume and create it.
You will eventually become responsible for the performance and scalability of our entire data pipeline. This will require you to master the inner workings of a high performance database engine to ensure that our massive data sets are stored efficiently while allowing performant reads and writes while under high levels of usage. As we continue to scale you’ll be required to pioneer the next generation of our data related solutions by utilising platforms such as Azure where necessary.
The kind of projects you might have to work on include:
- Understanding a technology/feature and produce a proof of concept that demonstrates how it might solve a problem
- Identifying issues and automating solutions
- Finely tuning areas of the database or data tier when contention related issues arise
- Designing the data specific solutions to new features
- Writing applications to manage the enormous amounts of data in our systems
- Ensuring the data requirements of our analysts are met without impacting production systems
- A passion for databases of any kind and the ability to prove it, either through experience or personal projects
- Studying toward or have recently completed a STEM degree or equivalent
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages and technologies as needed
- Ability to work independently in small teams
- Working proficiency and communication skills in English
What we do
This role is within our Paid Search marketing department where we are tasked with making sure anyone looking for event tickets can find them with ease; whatever the time, wherever in the world they may be and whatever language they speak. We work closely with Google and Bing (to name just two) and innovate at a fast pace, frequently breaking the boundaries of what has been achieved before.
Tackling countless interesting, complex and diverse problems on a daily basis to ensure our campaigns reach as many potential customers as possible, this role is ideal for anyone who relishes a challenge and can come up with creative solutions.
What we can offer
Apart from using the latest cutting edge tech, you’ll be working in a casual office, with dress down Monday – Friday, unlimited juice and coffee, monthly hackathons and of course, a competitive pay package. You’ll be closely involved with other teams, not to mention our monthly Q+As with our CEO, so you’ll get a comprehensive understanding of the entire business.
Don't worry, we're not going to make you do classroom training - we understand that's probably not the best way you'll learn. Instead, you'll be joining world class teams who will train you on the job to improve your coding skills. Our mentor programme means you will always have someone to turn to in your team whilst you're tackling real world problems. You'll also be paired with someone from elsewhere in the company, so you'll gain exposure how other teams work too.
viagogo is a global online platform for live sport, music and entertainment tickets. viagogo aims to provide ticket buyers
with the widest possible choice of tickets to events across the world, and helps ticket sellers ranging from individuals
with a spare ticket to large multi-national event organizers reach a global audience.
viagogo has partnered with many of the world’s leading brands in sport and entertainment, and has helped customers from almost
every country in the world access tickets to their favorite events in the language, currency and on the device of their