Developer - Limerick
The tech team at viagogo is focused on building a platform that will revolutionise the way fans across the globe buy and
sell tickets for live events. With buyers and sellers using our website and mobile applications in almost every country
and language and with hundreds of delivery and payment options, we're constantly taking on tough, exciting engineering
challenges - and we're doing it at scale! We are looking for passionate, skilled Software Engineers who want to make
meaningful, measurable improvements that impact millions of users.
How We Work
Working in a start - up environment, we work in small scrum teams in an agile environment. Whether you're joining as a graduate or a team lead, you'll be encouraged to take full ownership of your work and will be encouraged to push your own ideas forward from day one. We believe that features have no value until they are in production adding value to our customers so teams deploy fast and often, so if you like working in a fast paced environment and getting things done, we might just be the right place for you.
Here are some of the cool things we've built:
- We built a notification platform (comprised of RabbitMQ, C# Services, SQL Enterprise) which handles thousands of concurrent changes every minute. This reduced the latency for sale notifications from hours to seconds. We built a scalable delivery pipeline that delivers notifications in real-time to website users (via SignalR) and iOS and Android users (via Microsoft Azure Notification Hub).
- We built a world class, hypermedia driven, RESTful API with outstanding documentation and several open source SDKs written in .NET, Ruby, Python and PHP
Our tech team in Limerick build out all of our internal tools across our global business as well as our customer service website. You'll be responsible for coming up with new, original ideas to solve our challenges - and you won't be limited in what you can try. If you're creative and technically strong, this is the role for you.
We believe that every member of the team should act like they own the company so you will also be empowered to speak your mind, question decisions, and help to build a work culture that we all love.
- Software development experience (we're not fussy whether this comes from a degree or commercial work) in one or more general purpose programming languages (C# and/or Java a plus)
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages and technologies as needed
- Ability to work independently in small teams
- Working proficiency and communication skills in English
viagogo is a global online platform for live sport, music and entertainment tickets. viagogo aims to provide ticket buyers
with the widest possible choice of tickets to events across the world, and helps ticket sellers ranging from individuals
with a spare ticket to large multi-national event organizers reach a global audience.
viagogo has partnered with many of the world’s leading brands in sport and entertainment, and has helped customers from almost
every country in the world access tickets to their favorite events in the language, currency and on the device of their
For media enquiries please contact the viagogo press office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR PRESS ENQUIRIES ONLY.
For any customer enquiries, please visit the help section of the viagogo website.